orgvue 3 product specification
These specifications relate to orgvue and its packages (lenses).
The available packages are:
Orgvue requires the following minimum computer specification:
- Windows or Mac computer with latest operating system
- 8GB RAM (16GB or above recommended)
- Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge Browser updated to the latest stable release
- Internet connection with a download speed of 10Mbps or above with a ping interval no greater than 100ms
- Microsoft Office 365 PowerPoint or Google Slides to enable the export of Tree visualizations as editable objects
- Microsoft Office 365 PowerPoint or Google Slides to enable the export of other slide types as images
- While Orgvue will operate on lower specification computers, performance with larger datasets will be limited by available memory and system resources
This specification relates to the features available with the purchase of the People Lens.
The People Lens is the base package of orgvue. orgvue is a Software as a Service (SaaS) application hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The Product enables the visualization and editing of organization structures and metrics. The below describes all product features available specifically with People Lens.
- Data types supported
- Orgvue supports Unicode Characters and encodes all data in UTF8. This means that almost all characters in modern languages will appear as expected in Orgvue. Please note that Orgvue only supports left to right languages.
Creation of calculated properties using Gizmo (orgvue’s Domain Specific Language) Data import / export via Excel and CSV formats
Generation of Modelling and Reporting Packs:
- The creation of sets of visualizations into packs of slides for presentation and re-use.
- The ability to filter data displayed on a slide by multiple properties and dimensions.
- The ability to page data displayed on a slide by multiple properties.
Deployment of standard reporting packs including:
- Spans and Layers Analysis
- Workforce Size, Cost and Composition Analysis
Visualizations of Organization Structures in multiple layouts including:
- Aligned Tree
- Dense Tree
- Balloon Tree
- Radial Tree
- Sunburst Tree
- Icicle Tree
- Circle Pack
- Tree map
Configurable Cards for display of information within a hierarchy including:
- Summary Card
- Scaled Card
- Node Card
Visualization of data in Charts including:
- Box Grid
- Pivot Table
- Changes Report
The ability to export Tree visualizations to Microsoft Office 365 PowerPoint as editable objects
The ability to export Charts to Microsoft Office 365 PowerPoint as images
Editing of organizational data by:
- dragging and dropping buckets of Nodes to new values
- re-parenting and re-ordering nodes in a hierarchy via drag and drop
- creating, deleting, restoring and reverting edits to Nodes
- summary reporting on the data changes made to Nodes.
Sharing of data via Views where permissions at the column and row level can be set.
Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and Single Sign-on (SAML2). Security documentation can be found here.
|Maximum number of Datasets
|Maximum number of properties in a dataset
|Maximum number of Packs
|Maximum number of Views per Dataset
|Maximum size of datasets
|Limited by available memory and system resources (Recommended upper limit 250,000 nodes with 100 properties on a high specification laptop)
|Maximum number of slides in a Pack
|Character limit in slide title
|Maximum number of lines displayed of a multi-line property
|Maximum number of groups on a chart
|Maximum number of interactive nodes displayed
|Maximum number of cards exported as PowerPoint objects
|Minimum memory requirement
|8GB Ram (16GB or above recommended)
|Items displayed in a drop-down list
|The latest stable release of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
|Required, with a download speed of 10Mbps or above with a ping interval no greater than 100ms
|Number of concurrent users
|Supported date formats
|orgvue supports the ISO standard date format: YYYY-MM-DD. Note that YYYY-M-D format is not supported
Positions and Roles lens
The Positions and Roles Lens is a package of orgvue. orgvue (The Product) is a Software as a Service (SaaS) application hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The Product enables the visualization and modeling of organization structures and metrics. The below describes the features and capabilities available with the purchase of the Positions and Roles Lens.
All features of the People Lens are included with the addition of the following:
- Modeling of alternative design options and scenarios using Drafts
- Visualization of links between people and positions on summary cards
- Creating and editing a link between a person and position
- Allocating responsibility for activities to roles
- Custom color palettes
- orgvue supports Role Based Access Control (RBAC), Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC) and Single Sign-on (SAML2). Security documentation can be found here.
|Maximum number of Drafts applied to a Dataset
|Maximum number of custom color palettes
|Minimum number of colors that can be applied to custom palettes
|Maximum number of colors that can be applied to custom palettes
The tracking lens is a services package which allows orgvue to be configured to enable the tracking of specific metrics against targets.
|Maximum number of measures which can be tracked
|Maximum number of targets states that can be set
|Maximum number of timelines represented
|Maximum number of aggregations
The tracking lens is only available with Spectrum or as an add on to the Positions and Roles lens.
The activity lens is a package of orgvue. orgvue (The Product) is a Software as a Service (SaaS) application hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This package includes:
- The configuration, sending and tracking of activity surveys (both individual and team-based)
Analysis of activity costs and efforts across your organization based on data collected or uploaded.
The following configuration options are available:
Upload your own logo to the survey
- Choose primary and secondary survey UI colours
- Choose to collect time by percentage or number of hours spent
- Team data validation – request survey participants to confirm or update specific data about their team members (configurable)
Template questions are available for:
- Improvement Action
- Core work
User defined questions can be added, with the following question formats supported:
- Long Answer Text (with customizable character limit)
- Rating (e.g., from Very Dissatisfied to Very Satisfied on a 5-point scale)
- Boolean (TRUE or FALSE)
The following features are available for the sending of surveys:
Select survey participants using multiple filters
- Set up multiple participant groups to enable message customization and phased invitation
- Send email reminders to specific individuals and groups
Download survey links via spreadsheet to send via internal email messaging system
The following features are available for the tracking of survey responses:
Pre-configured dashboard for aggregated statistics including the ability to group results by a chosen dimension
- Track the completion status of individual survey respondents
|Maximum number of surveys per tenant
|Maximum number of questions per page
|Maximum number of Properties displayed on a table
|Maximum number of participants per survey
|Maximum number of participant groups
|Maximum number of participants/emails per group
|Survey title character limit
|Survey description character limit
|Survey question character limit
|Maximum number of items in an activity taxonomy
|4,000: for the best experience we recommend a taxonomy of no more than 4 levels deep with each activity accounting for approximately 5% of an employees time. A taxonomy of no more 2,000 Nodes should be sufficient for almost all use cases
|Number of concurrent users
|For the best experience we recommend using Chrome 89 or Microsoft Edge 91 or later
orgvue spectrum includes all the functionality of the
- People Lens
- Positions and Roles Lens
- Tracking lens
- Activity lens
as detailed above.